The above photo is the outside of the house where the log cabin was discovered.
Town Creek located on Broadway Street. Gore Spring was the original spring that supplied a portion of Fort Harrod and was located near the original Ann McGinity Blockhouse (her ordinary). Gore Spring got its name after Ann McGinity sold the spring to Andrew Gore in 1806. This spring no longer exists above the surface because it was filled in and the flow diverted into the Town Creek flowing from the Big Spring.