Saturday, January 9, 2021

Harrodsburg's First Service Station

Photo from Image of America: Harrodsburg

Another fixture at the corner of Broadway and Main Streets was a uniquely styled building which was Harrodsburg’s first service station.  A Harrodsburg Herald article dated November 16, 1920 read “The wayfarer need not lack for gasoline as the city gets its first service station in addition to the established garages.  The building is new and erected by the company of Consumers Service Stations, Inc. Rock Island, Illinois and is a bungalow type.  Mr. Charles Davis, a Mercer County man who was a local farmer, was in charge of the station.”  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Mt. Pleasant Church

Photo by Jerry L. Sampson The above photograph and the following description are from the Harrodsburg Holiday Homes Tour 2013: "In 1836...