Photo from Images of America: Harrodsburg
The presence of the railroad tracks and depot in the Marimon Avenue and Office Street area has attracted businesses such as coal and brickyards, flour mills, and grain elevators, all benefiting from the close proximity to shipping. In the late 1800s, J. D. Marimon had a flour mill there. By 1908 it was known as the City Roller Mill and by 1914, it was Adams and Langford, as shown in the photograph above. In the early 1920s, the Sandusky brothers took over its operation.
Post a Comment