Photo from Images of America: Harrodsburg
The “Hat Factory,” is a building which was the St. Andrew parish house when Father Myers was there. It was built in 1795 as an office for a hat factory on nearby Mooreland Avenue. In 1893, Dr. Graham sold it to St. Andrew for use as a parish house and later as a convent house for the school nuns. This historic house was the oldest brick building still standing in Harrodsburg and Mercer County until 2003, when it was bought by the Harrodsburg Baptist Church and demolished after 208 years of service to the community.
Post a Comment