Photo from the Armstrong Archives
The Methodist parsonage, located next to the church, is thought to have been built at the same time as the first church, in 1840. According to tradition, it is the oldest continuously used Methodist parsonage west of the Allegheny Mountains. After the Civil War Battle of Perryville, October 8, 1862, the parsonage and church were used as a hospital for both Confederate and Union troops. The top picture shows the house as it originally looked. The bottom picture shows it as it currently looks. In 1910, the wrap-around porch was taken off and a Greek Revival portico and re-worked entrance were built.