Photo from the Armstrong Archives
Jimmy Taylor’s general store and gathering place was in business for over 50 years on Chiles Streets. When Taylor sold the property in 1969, it was to make room for progress. It was during the demolition a log structure, dated back as early as 1797, was found under the weather-boarding. This photograph shows the exposed logs just before it was razed.
Post a Comment