Photo from the Armstrong Archives
On June 16, 1927, the 153rd anniversary of the founding of Harrodsburg, thousands of citizens gathered to dedicate the replica of Fort Harrod. During this dedication ceremony, the beautiful hand wrought iron gates forming the entrance to Fort Harrod State Park were presented as a gift from the Society of Colonial Dames of America and the Society of Sons of Colonial Wars in the Commonwealth of Kentucky. These two societies recognized Harrodsburg as Kentucky’s only colonial town, founded in 1774, and being just two years older than the Declaration of Independence.
Post a Comment